Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What's He Doing?

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Let me ask you a question. (It's my blog, I can do that.) Do you ever shy away from the question, "What is God doing in your life?" That is, if someone were to come up to you right now and ask you that, would you get uncomfortable all of a sudden? Ideally, we should have a list of things on the tip of our tongues ready to answer that question. If you're like me though, too often, I would have to stop and think about it for a few minutes before I could make up something spiritual.

What is God doing in your life?

(here is where you pause and answer that question to yourself)

I mean, it is God working in you to do His good pleasure, if you're a Christian, right? So, what's He working on? Nothing? Maybe you think that God is not doing anything with you today, or this week. Maybe He's just letting you take a break... C'mon, let's be serious. The God that notices when the sparrow falls in the field, don't you think He has something for you, today?!

It's safe to say that if you shy away from the question, it's not that God isn't doing anything in you, but rather, you're not giving Him the due attention to see what it is. Or, God forbid, maybe you're ignoring Him altogether and pretending like your life is your own.

This thought came from Rick Grape's charge at Men's Prayer Meeting last night when he read from Psalm 28:5 which say, "Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up." It was a very insightful message last night - one that I needed very much.

So... hopefully at least by reading this post, you'll consider the answer to the question:

What is God doing in your life?

Just a thought....

1 comment:

Victoria said...

You know, it's interesting that when we go through a trial or a seemingly difficult situation, I can see God's hand even more clearly than when things are going great. I see how God comforts me and my family, I see how God orchestrates a situation for the good, I feel his peace and His grace. God is doing so much in my life right now and I consider myself extremely blessed!!!