Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"for me" and "for to me"

Oh, I'm sorry, did I miss a day blogging? Forgive me...

Anyway... I will try to be more faithful with my blogging. You know, I had this notion in my mind that if I didn't come up with something monumental every post, then I would be looked at as being plain or just simple. My pride makes me do stupid stuff. But this blog is important to me as it makes me take time in the middle of the day to bring me back to my real purpose in life, whether I'm eating or drinking, to do all to the glory of God.

So, today's post, comes from Philippians 1:21, "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." What a thing that Paul could say! What a punch packed into that little verse. My thought is this: Often, we think of that verse and here it preached as this, "My life is all about Christ. FOR ME, I live for Christ." And that is a great philosophy to have for your life, to say, "Hey, if I'm gonna live, I'm gonna live for Christ."

I think Paul is saying even more than that in the verse though. He doesn't say, "For me to live is Christ," but rather "For TO me... to live is Christ." Paul says, that in his mind, living is all about Jesus Christ. It is not only his life that has a purpose of living for Christ (that's good and all), but he says that for everyone, their purpose for living is Christ. For to Paul, living is all about Christ. To live is Christ. That was Paul's view about life. It was more than just his life, it is life for everyone - but of course, not everyone is obedient.

For you to live, it ought to be about Christ. Regardless though of how you are actually living, to live is Christ. At least that's what Paul thought, and I suppose I agree with him!

Just a thought...

No comments: