Thursday, April 2, 2009

Liquid Plumber

My sink had a clog in it recently. The water would not drain down very well. It would take a good couple minutes for the sink to drain after you ran enough to, say, shave or brush your teeth.

Finally, I got sick of it. I decided that I was going to do something about it. So, I went to the store and bought some Liquid Plumber. I followed the directions and poured the stuff down the drain, and then I let it sit. 15 minutes later, I was able to run water through it no problem!

I did it! I fixed my sink! I feel pretty good about my plumbing skills. I should go pro...

Now, you (at least, those of you that are critical) are saying, 'Andy, um, you just poured something into the sink. It was really the Liquid Plumber that fixed it - if anything, the creator of Liquid Plumber should be getting the credit here.'

That wasn't very nice of you to say, you critical person. Oh, but yeah, that's what I would have said! And we'd be right. I really didn't fix my sink's drain. All I did was pour the stuff that somebody else concocted into the sink.

Have you ever been there in a spiritual sense? Have you ever been on a spiritual high for something that has happened, and you start to take credit for it? Have you successfully witnessed to somebody else, and thought - 'boy, I'm a pretty good soul-winner.' That's like me saying, 'I'm a pretty good plumber.'

Let's be sure to give God His due. But by the grace of God, I am what I am.

Just a thought...

No comments: