Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thank You for the Family

Sorry for the tardiness of this post... I had a busy day at work, and my wife reminded me right before I left that I had not had a thought yet today. (That doesn't sound good!)

Anyway, Thank You, Lord, for the Family. I don't only mean Thank You for MY famly, althought I have been tremendously blessed with a great family all the way around: Parents, siblings, spouse, children, in-laws... I truly have been blessed with a great family, and I do thank God for it.

But, I want to thank God for the family as an institution. God created a help for Adam, a help that was meet for him. That is what marriage is. Marriage is two people becoming one flesh - a new "man" so to speak. This marriage and family is a unit that is there to help each other, that is there to love on each other, that is there to bear each other's burdens. Without that, you would have to rely on society to provide all of those 'social' needs... Thank you, but not in this society -

Anyway, I am thankful for MY family, but I am thankful for THE family... And to think that God has made me a part of His family... Hallelujah!

Just a thought...

No comments: