Monday, November 19, 2007

Thank You for the Cross

Happy Thanksgiving week, everyone!

The first time I ever heard the song, Worthy Is the Lamb, tears welled up in my eyes. Imagining myself, when I see my King, and am able to look Him in the eyes, and say, "Thank You for the Cross, Lord."

Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!

"Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift." (II Corinthians 9:15)

Without God, I am without hope. I thank God that I don't have to hold my own salvation. I thank God that Jesus' payment was sufficient for ALL of my sins of all time. I thank God that He does not reward me according to my iniquities. I thank God that He loved me when I was His sinful enemy, dead in my trespasses and sins. I thank God that He is preparing a place for me.

Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!

(Revelation 11:17) Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

I thank God that He is going to gather all things unto Himself. That He is going to put all things under the feet of Jesus to rule, to reign, and to make all things right!

2 comments:

Kevin P said...

Praise the LORD! It will be a glorious day to see our Lord and King!
I have found myself in that same emotional spirit of worship while reading Psalm 136 --- love how he just keeps writing, "for his mercy endureth forever."

Hindsey said...

His mercy!!

As John Newton said, "My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things, that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour."