Monday, April 28, 2008

Judah

Genesis 29:35 And she conceived again, and bare a son: and she said, Now will I praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah; and left bearing.

It almost seems to me that God was trying to get Leah to this point of where, having conceived her fourth son, she finally quit looking at herself and decided to just praise the Lord. Ends up that this son, Judah, was the one from whom the Messiah was to come.

That was what I read on Saturday morning before going out street preaching. We had a great time in down town Rochester. I watched 16 year old Mike Ireland preaching like his dad. We got out a ton of tracts. Oh, and the weather was just incredible! I met a man from the Congo that was interested in learning the Bible more (I gave him NSBI info).

My favorite though was when I preached near the Liberty Pole. I was just outside the bus stop and I started preaching. To my utter amazement, people actually listened this time! There were probably 4 or 5 people just looking at me the whole time, apparently listening. I even had an Amen from one of them at the end! Well, maybe two or three minutes later, I was off handing out tracts, and one of the ladies that was listening, with her two little boys, came over to me and asked if she could get "one of those pamphlets." I didn't get a chance to talk with her any more, but certainly the Lord was working on her heart! Praise Him!

Judah: Now will I praise the LORD!

Just a thought...

4 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

What a reminder that the preaching of the cross is the power of God!

Stay faithful my friend!

Hindsey said...

You know, as much of a bad reputation that Street Preaching gets, we have had some awesome fruit this year from it. I may, and probably will, never see that lady again. And there were not any other gospel preachers around at that time. God indeed is sovereign.

Alex said...

Andy, I agree. It has been great each time this year.

Victoria said...

Praising God with you!