Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thankful for Dirty Work

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I was talking with a friend recently, and we were talking about how people aren't always thankful about certain things. This verse popped into my mind. Specifically, we were discussing being thankful for people that provide you with an opportunity to do some "dirty work."

Should nursery workers be thankful for the little snot-nosed brats with dirty diapers that get to change on Sunday mornings? I mean, anybody that is close to being a Christian is thankful for the nursery workers, but are the nursery workers thankful for the kids - without the kids, they lose an opportunity to minister for the Lord's sake!

That's just one example, but when you've got some task to do - for ministry purposes - and you just really don't want to do it... are you thankful for it? Or, do you gripe and complain? The key is to remember for Whom you are really doing it.

Anyway... just a thought...

3 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Wow Andy! Great point! I never thought of that!

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Now that I think of it...you owe me some thank yous! Actually quite a few!

Mr. Young said...

Is changing your own kids dipers an opportunity? Because I have actually witnessed you pay your daughters to change dipers. I mean...I saw you nagotiate the deal and all.