Thursday, October 2, 2008

God Is...

After being rebuked last week because I had more tags for "Homosexual" than I did for "Holy Spirit" and such, I would like to do a series of posts on God. Now, I may have another thought that interrupts it, but for now... God.

The first in this series I want to share is that God is. He is. The way that He said it was, "I am." I love how the Bible starts off, "In the beginning God..." It doesn't try to defend the existence of God (only a fool would believe that He does not exist), but rather simply states what He did. While we can not see Him, hear Him audibly, or touch Him, we know that He is, because of what He has done.

What do we do with this attribute? It is easy to be distracted by the things going on around that we can observe with our physical senses. Unfortunately, we need to be reminded that there is in fact a God. That He is. He is not just a fairy tale. He is not just something that we tell our kids to scare them into obeying us. He is not just something that we have to fill up our Sundays. God is. He is the great I AM. Let's not forget it.

Just a thought...

No comments: