Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let It Crash

I may not be very liked for this post, but this is my perception of what to do with the whole economic issues going on. Now, I do not claim to be an expert on matters in this area. Financial wisdom is not my strong point. But, why don't we just let the whole thing crash? Why don't we allow us to reap the error of the ways we've been travelling?

"Maybe it would lead us into another depression." As horrible and difficult that would be, I think it would probably help my generation and the next to kind of grow up. It would teach us that we may not have everything handed to us on a platter, but rather we'll have to actually work hard to get by. And this isn't a charge against everyone; I know many work very hard to earn what they have. I like to think that I do too (even though "work" is just plugging away at a keyboard, doesn't quite seem to fit, but that's another issue).

But maybe the best thing for this generation would be for it to have to face extreme economical difficulties. We'd have to limit the amount of food that we eat. We might even need to consider growing some of our own food. We couldn't keep up to date with the latest technology toys that we call tools - we'd really just get the things that we need. It might be good for us...

Anyway, just a thought...

2 comments:

Mr. Young said...

I don't know the implications of all this, but I tend to agree with you.

Alex said...

Actually Andy, I think that a lot of people are in agreement with this. I think it says something when you've got a lot of politicians saying it's a good thing, but a majority of public opinion saying that it's not. The people are supposed to be in charge, right? I agree - let it crash.