Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dehumidifier

Hello, again, everyone, it has been a while - where have you all been?! :)

So, my wife decided that she wants to move into a house that will give us some more space. It doesn't matter that she's 8 1/2 months pregnant, or that since we're selling our house, people will be coming by to see it - while my parents and brother & family are in town staying with us... but, anyway, that's what's going on in my life right now.

Our basement... ok, Our cellar... because of the location of our house, kind of on top of a hill, has never had a problem with water getting into it. We have a sump pump, but it is sitting on a shelf down there. Well, even though water doesn't run into our basement, the basement always seems to be a damp place. I wish I were more like my basement...

Today's Thought, which I think may be tied into my inconsistency with blogging, has to do with dryness. I have been going through a dry spell in my life in regards to spiritual matters. I am still active in ministry; I still am performing all the duties that I have committed to; but, my intimacy with my God, my abiding in Christ, my praying without ceasing - has been very dry of late. What is it?! Why do these times keep coming up?! O wretched man that I am!

Taking the principle found at the end of Romans 7, where Paul asks: "who shall deliver me from the body of this death," and we know his answer: "through Jesus Christ our Lord." However, the problem that I have constantly, the typical Laodicea problem, is that I think I am fine. I think I can handle life all by myself. Things are going great, and I think that it is not that important to rely on and communicate with God as much.

Oh wretched man that I am!

I am praying that I will sanctify the Lord better in my heart, and as a result, hopefully I will have more thoughts to post on here. If not... would you pray for me? Seems a strange post to make here, but that's where I'm at.

Oh wretched man that I am, but Oh, what a merciful God He is.

Just a thought...

No comments: