Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beautiful Hannah

Annabelle, that means Beautiful Anna (or Hannah). Annabelle was our firstborn. God used her to change our lives. It is because we had a child that Sarah and I really started making sure we went to church. Our thought was that (even though we weren't doing very good spiritually at the time) we wanted to make sure that our child grew up in church and not anywhere else. Because of her, we were around church more. Because we were around church more, we were invited to a Home Bible Study. Because we were in a Home Bible Study, we started getting interested in the Bible and falling in love with it and with God Himself.

Anyway... Hannah... She was Samuel's mother (1 Samuel 1-2). Probably the thing she was most notable for was her willingness to give of her son back to the Lord. She promised God that if He gave her a son that she would give him back to Him. Well, God came through, and so did she. How hard it must have been for her to give her son back to God.

My Annabelle also has a habit of giving up things for other people - I notice it especially when it is for me, but she does it for others too. Many times, I will have to go do something, and even when the kids are over at their favorite place to visit, Nana's house, when Annabelle sees that I am going alone, she will say, "I'll come with you daddy." I've asked her if it was just to be with me, and she truthfully answered, No... (how sad) But then she tells me that she just saw that I was going to be alone which made me sad, and she didn't want me to be sad.

I think we could learn from these two girls. Giving of ourselves becomes easier when we realize the source of all that we have. For of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things, to Whom be glory forever! (Romans 11:36)

Just a thought...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Nana, this brought tears of joy to my eyes as I read this... loved it!!

3rd John 4:11 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Anonymous said...

Sorry there is no 4th chapter in 3rd John..I have a problem with numbers...IJohn 1:4...(dyslexic) :o)

Love Nana :o)

Victoria said...

It is amazing how children get us back on the right track to God!