Thursday, August 30, 2007

God's Faithfulness

(Jer 33:20) Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
(Jer 33:21) Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

These and other verses tell us that God gave the day and night as signs of His covenant that He had made with people. Particularly here, with David and with the Levites. Not getting into the covenants today, but rather into His faithfulness. He says when you stop having days and nights, when the sun stops rising and the moon and stars are no more, then, and only then, should you start doubting God's faithfulness... The sun came up this morning... last night I saw the moon too... He will keep His word!

We sang last night in our very last church service at the old building, 1039 North Greece Rd, the song from Lamentations 3: Great is Thy Faithfulness. I will miss that old building. It is where I was saved, baptized, commissioned with my parents to go to Guatemala, married, dedicated my children, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff... But I look forward to staying faithful to God in our new building at 990 Manitou Road (oh, and I love that it is only a mile and a half away from our house!!)

God is faithful. He will keep His word and His promises to us. But just as with His omnipresence, His faithfulness is good for us, but it also can have negative consequences. Because He is faithful to His word, we should not expect Him to start allowing things that He hasn't allowed in the past. Sin is not going to, all of a sudden, be acceptable in His eyes.

He has proven Himself faithful to me. Time for me to show myself faithful to Him. Just a thought...

1 comment:

Mr. Young said...

Amen, Great post Andy!