Friday, August 10, 2007

Rejoice with the wife of thy youth


I am excited... I have the day off of work today!

This post's purpose is to talk about my wife. I have been doing a poor job as a husband recently - not spending the time with her that I ought, not trying to do things to please her at home, not esteeming her more highly than myself... I have been failing in those regards.

Proverbs 5:18-19: "Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. [We were married at 19 and 21. I consider that 'youth.'] Let her be as the loving hind[s] and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love."

We have had our fountain blessed. (And I'm not going to apologize for using anything the King James has in it!)

I remember when I first started liking Sarah. That was about 10 years ago now. And, I'm not going to get in to the issue of "Dating" here [though, you can get a good message on it from Paul Washer HERE.] But when she was in the same building as me, I made sure to be in the same room as her. If she was in the same room as me, I made sure to be at the same table or same part of the room. If she ever said she needed ANYTHING, I would jump up and say, I'll take care of that for you.

Anyway, I get to spend the next two days with her - nothing else scheduled - and I am looking forward to take this time to remember what it is to be One Flesh, to reconsider how I can love Sarah the way Christ loves the church and gave Himself for it, and how I can be ravished with her love and rejoice with her.

So, if you guys need anything... Call someone else :)

5 comments:

Mr. Young said...

Good Stuff! Guys like us (who often fail in this area) are blessed to have such wonderful... tolerent... forgiveing...wives. I echo what Pastor Curran often says "I married way above my head"

Mr. Young said...

BTW...can some one call my wife and make sure she reads my comment. hehehehehe

David S Baker said...

i hate to see guys with great wives when they do not glory in them and do not feel blessed for having them. on the other hand it's a great to see Christian guys who are blessed by their wives and are ok in saying so..most of the world (i think) would see this as weak, i never have. being single you tend to think, should God give me a wife like that i would be the best husband ever. i only pray i remember how i feel about it now, then! i never even made a good boy friend im sure thats why im single!!

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Great post Hindsey! God is good - I have found a good thing and have obtained favor from the Lord as well!

Anonymous said...

it's ok, i married over my head too... did erika type the 'pray for italy' comment today?