Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What are you walking according to?

What are you walking according to? Forgive the bad English: "According to what are you walking?" just didn't sound as good to me for a title...

(Eph 2:1) And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(Eph 2:2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
(Eph 2:3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

This is part of the passage that I am working on memorizing right now, and when thinking on these verses some things have made me think.
  1. First of all, I think of the greatness of God for His grace in making me alive, in quickening me as I was dead in trespasses and sins, and had no hope apart from Christ (vs. 12)

  2. "In time past" is when a Christian was supposed to walk according to the course of this world. It should not be said of us, that we presently walk according to the course of this world. When someone comes face to face with the Almighty God, there will be a change in that person's life.

  3. That phrase in bold was the most powerful one to me. When I walk according to the flesh and not the Spirit, and my life demonstrates the works of the flesh, then it could be said of me that I am walking according to the prince of the power of the air - that's Satan. When I am not walking in the Spirit of God, then I am walking according to Satan. I am acting just like my arch-enemy that is trying to kill me. I want to be different from the children of disobedience and the children of wrath. I want the Holy Spirit of God to be so real and so protruding from my life that there would never be any similarities between my walk, and the walk that is according to the spirit working in the children of disobedience.

So, what are you walking according to today? Just a thought...

No comments: