Thursday, September 27, 2007

Great Expectations

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man...

That's a good lesson to remember when we start to develop expectations from man. I mean most of you were probably expecting a post from me earlier than right now, but to demonstrate my point I have held off until now... Um, no, really... I was... or, I suppose it's possible that I just didn't have anything in my mind worth writing about (and some of you would argue that I still don't!). I know there are things that we rely on man for, and I don't know if it'd be possible to ever get away from that, but the more we depend on man, the more we should be ready for disappointment.

But God is faithful... I'm glad that He never changes, and that His word is true from the beginning, and that all that He has said can be depended and relied upon. Faith comes by hearing of the word of God. I believe that's true because the more we hear it and practice it in our lives, the more we experience its truth. The more we hear of man and examine what man says... the more flawed we realize that they/we are.

Anyway, just a late thought...

No comments: