Friday, September 28, 2007

Coming Again

News Flash! News Flash!

Jesus is coming again. He tells us that in John 14, Acts 1, I Thessalonians 4 and many other places (think Revelation). Now, prophecy and eschatology are two of my weakest points in biblical studies. Some day I will put more labor into that area, but it just hasn't happened yet. I just thought it important to once again bring it up, because I too often am caught up in this life and this flesh. The things which are seen are temporal, the things which are not seen are eternal.

Here's what I do know. This temporal world will be coming to an end, and it will be a spectacular ending. But even if Jesus does not come back for 1,000 years... He is still coming back. One of the reasons I think Jesus tells us that we won't know the day nor the hour is so that when we have these date-setters, which come and go (including their dates), we wouldn't lose faith. It would be easy to think that since there were 88 reasons that the Lord was coming back in '88, and that didn't happen, it must be that the Bible is wrong. But that just is not the case. He is not slack concerning His promise.

Anyway, I love how Josh Merriman closes his prayers frequently: "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Just a thought

3 comments:

Mr. Young said...

There is coming a day when no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye.
All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there;
And forever I will be with the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

Amen, and Amen!

Victoria said...

One of my favorite songs!

I was just thinking on this last night, Andy! It's amazing the different perspective we get when we focus more on the eternal things!

BTW, you may want to start that prophecy study soon - before you open up your eyes in heaven and didn't get a chance to find out how it was all supposed to happen!

Hindsey said...

Or, I can just wait until it happens & be one of the first to have it all perfectly right!