Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Searching...

So, my blog is on the Internet, in case any of you didn't realize that. That means that Google knows about my blog, and they have done their thing to index what I've written. That means that if somebody searches on Google for certain things, they may come across my blog. Ends up that people do that fairly regularly, to my surprise. Anyway, today I wanted to share some of the Search queries that were made that brought people to my blog. That is, people typed in the following phrases on Google, and ended up here. In no particular order:

-- hindsey blog
that makes sense

-- john piper
that search actually came to my blog twice. I wonder if they liked what I wrote?

-- kjv only
I can see that (2 times)

-- 5 beautiful thoughts about Jesus
um, Ok! how 'beautiful' I write

-- ancient greek music
did I write on that? I remember music, but...

-- commit your way unto the Lord
I remember that post (came in 2 times, a little differently)

-- coche means pig
while, that is true in Spanish in Guatemala, and I did write that on my blog once, I just wonder why someone would search it!

-- acknowledging God
That was when I attempted to explain what it means to "in all thy ways acknowledge him." It was the same post as the one about committing your way unto the Lord.

-- how to pray in Jesus name
This one is interesting to me. I have 11 different searches for that phrase, or something like it that came to my blog. That means one of two things to me. Either there is not much written on the Internet about it, or lots of people want to know about it and aren't totally satisfied with what they read on it. Here's what I wrote.

-- what is worldliness?
That was a fun one...

-- marriage + "losing friends"
I don't really want to comment on that one.

-- mike barone "missionary to italy"
This one actually was the most commonly searched term to come to my blog. My real question is: Which one of you keeps typing in that to come to my blog? Why don't you just bookmark it?

-- edify the saints
See, my blog is edifying! Google says so!

And Lastly...

-- yourfortunerevealed.com
Some of you remember when my ads displayed some Fortune Telling links, etc. While I did not endorse the ads, I did endorse you clicking on the ads from my site. Speaking of which, maybe it's time to have another "heresy hunt" from my site... If you don't know the rules, I'm not allowed to tell you.

Just a thought...

2 comments:

jen said...

hey, how do you find out about which searches led to you? that's a blast!

Hindsey said...

I signed up for Google Analytics. It's just a little piece of script that you use to edit the Template of your blog.

Then you login to Google Analytic's website and it gives you a report... it's pretty neat.