Thursday, October 18, 2007

Committment in Christianity

On the brink of tomorrow's Men's Conference, put on by Rick Grape, I have had 'Committment' on my mind. One of the things that Rick has taught me constantly is committment and faithfulness. So, today I was reading the blog from Jeff Adams, pastor of Kansas City Baptist Temple, and he ends up quoting something that someone else wrote... and I thought I would take today's post as an opportunity to point at that, and hopefully to help us all be encouraged to be faithful to where you are. And as you'll see if you read it, that charge is given especially to those interested in missions.

Anyway, here it is:

Jeff Adams

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

I have now concentrated all my prayers into one, and that one prayer is this, that I may die to self, and live wholly to him. -Spurgeon

Hindsey said...

I can't believe it... This has never happened to me before... I don't even know how to respond...

I mean, how many of you other bloggers out there have ever had Charles Spurgeon post a comment on your blog?!

This is unreal!

Mr. Spurgeon, I agree with your comment. I think too often we are told that our preaching needs to be centered on specific detailed things, when what really needs to be fixsed is a much broader thing. Once we live wholly to him, and have our attitudes fixed on doing that, then the little specific details aren't a big deal at all.

Thanks for the comment, Mr. Spurgeon.

Alex said...

Wow, pretty impressive. Andy, I didn't realize that your blog had grown to encompass the spiritual dimension as well.

Good post. Committment is lacking severely in our society. One reason is probably becuase we have so many diversions to hide us from responsibility.

(By the way, is fixsed an archaic word? I couldn't find it in my 1828.) :o)

Hindsey said...

Yeah... um... the modern English spelling of it is "fixed," but for Mr. Spurgeon's sake, I decided to use a special spelling of it, "fixsed". It was only known in England in the mid to late 19th century. So, Noah Webster, being in America in the early 1800's may not be familiar with it... I hope that clarifies.

(still holding a straight face... Yes!)