Friday, October 19, 2007

Hurry up!

I have written on my blog that I think we often are too busy with things in our lives - good things: ministry related, church activities, etc. that we often overlook God and end up working in the flesh. I by no means am retracting those ideas in this post.

However, at the same time, the Bible says that we are to "run" our Christian race, not just walk it. I could go to Isaiah 40:31 where they that wait upon the Lord (that supports my previous posts and opening paragraph here) shall renew their strength, and they shall run and not be weary. 1 Corinthians 9:24 talks about running a race. Hebrews 12:1-2 tells us how to run our race.

We ought to not just sit back and take it easy in our Christian lives. We shouldn't say, "Oh, I will grow in this area next year. I just want to take it one at a time..." We need to run the race - without losing focus of the waiting on the Lord part. Hebrews 12:1 says we need to run it with patience. That doesn't mean run it slowly and pacing yourself, but rather like Jesus did, we need to run through all the obstacles that come up in our race. For Jesus, that meant things like, the Cross.

The reason this thought came to me today was because last night, while Sarah was driving home from having coffee with some friends, she got pulled over by a policeman. No... she wasn't speeding. She actually got pulled over for going 7 miles under the speed limit: 33 mph in a 40 mph zone!

Just a thought...

3 comments:

Janice said...

So what kind of cop does that?! Was he concerned for her safety or something?! Never heard of this before! Tell Sarah to order regular instead of decaf... that may keep 'em off her back!

Hindsey said...

From what I'm told, he was making sure everything was OK... Then, (and this is good) he told her that she needed to at least stay with the flow of traffic... The only thing is that he was the only other car on the road at the time (it was late)!

Anonymous said...

Flow of traffic...I have gotten pulled over for doing that!! Are we to go with the flow of things!! I don't think so..stay steadfast,yes...but not go with the flow...that can get you in trouble too!!