Friday, December 7, 2007

All The Way Better

I had the privilege of being home with my sick wife these past two days. Wednesday morning she woke up sick as could be (well, very sick, anyway). I went home from work and stayed with the kids while she stayed in bed... the ENTIRE day!

So, yesterday, I stayed home too to make sure she was alright. She was still fairly sick... However, yesterday she actually got out of bed. She even went upstairs once. The huge body aches, and fever, and the vomitting were all pretty much gone. She still had the headache, and was still sore a bit. She had the chills a little, but definitely not as bad as Wednesday.

Towards the evening we were talking, and she was standing in the kitchen... we were both commenting on how she was doing 'better.' She was actually happy that she was feeling that way. She was happy that she had: Headaches, soreness, some chills, and was weak.

Two thoughts today (two for the price of one, good deal!): First of all, we should be thankful for the health that we do have, even when we may not be feeling the best. Just remember it could be worse.

Secondly though, kind of taking the other route around this. This sickness is like sin. Sometimes we fall, and fall hard. Sometimes it is like we are laid up for an entire day, incapable of doing anything... that's how 'sick' our sin is. Then, we get a bit better. We take care of some things, and we all of a sudden feel that we are doing pretty good. But really, we still have the headaches, soreness, etc...

My point? We need to get better all the way before we are happy about it. Improvement is good, but let's never settle for just a little sick. Let's push forward for the prize of the high calling of God!

Just a thought or two...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't find a better picture? It's making me feel sick all over again.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

You know...I have a comment about this...however I am not going to utter it. I am going to keep my comments to myself again.

Anonymous said...

It got really quiet once Barone started keeping his comments to himself :)

Michael & Erika Barone said...

anonymous...you know...I have a reply to you...however I am not going to utter it. I am going to keep it to myself. : )

Anonymous said...

:)