Monday, December 3, 2007

Snow like wool


Well, I am looking outside my window at work today (Actually, it is the window that is in the conference room across the hall from me, when if my door and the conference room door are open I can see out it.), and I notice that it was snowing... A lot.

Then I read the weather report calling for about a foot of snow by Wednesday morning here.

Then I read Psalm 147:16: "He giveth snow like wool: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes. He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?"

I recently saw the movie Santa Clause 3 (don't tell anyone, ok?), and Jack Frost was the villain in the movie. Part of the movie has Mother Nature and Father Time as characters along with of course, Santa Clause. Often, the world tries to give God's glory to other things, or even to their own made up things (we call them idols). All of the characteristics that the world wants to give to these others, God controls.

He controls the snow and the ice. The verse before those, in Ps. 147:15 says He sendeth forth his commandment supon earth: his word runneth very swiftly." What an awesome and powerful God.

I like the snow for now, but soon I will be praying for the fulfillment of His promise in the next verse, Ps. 147:18: "He sendeth out his word, and melteth them..." We're not there yet, though!

Just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What we need is a visit from the Heat Miser...

I have included a link to the
Heat Miser
on wikipedia for those of you that skipped childhood completely.

My favorite part of the description posted there is that he is "A giant vaguely demonic ogre-like being", who's mother is none other than Mother Nature herself...

You have to love children's TV shows from the 70's!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I messed up on my link...

Heat Miser