Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What Would the Governor Say?

(Malachi 1:8) And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.

If you were employed by the governor of the state, would he be pleased with your service? If he were to watch you all day long, what would his estimation be at the end of the day? I am quite sure that if I knew the governor, my boss, was watching me every step of the day, I would be sure to demonstrate the most dedicated, diligent and dutiful service I could for him.

God says, that some are more apt to do things to please the governor than they are to please God. And really, what has the governor done for us? And what has God done for us? We should be much more attentive to be pleasing God at all times than we are to please him that can do little for us eternally.

Just a thought...

1 comment:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

You know...I have a comment about this...however I am not going to utter it. I am going to keep my comments to myself for now on.