Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Grace


With a title like that, I would expect to be reading a super-spiritual post. But, not really.

I missed Elizabeth's birthday last week, so I feel obligated to post about her: our second-born!

The title of the post comes from Elizabeth's middle name, Grace. And she is appropriately named, being a demonstration of God's grace to us. God has shown grace in many ways to all of us. He demonstrated grace by sending His Son to bear our sins on the tree. He demonstrated grace by giving us His word inspired and preserved for us in a language we can read. However, if you want to hear about Grace:

He demonstrated His grace through Elizabeth Grace by giving us a daughter that... get this... actually likes to clean!

She had a friend over last weekend for her birthday, and they made a list on the whiteboard of the different rooms they were going to go clean and in what order. Then they would get mad when little brothers came in and messed up their clean rooms!

My Elizabeth... she's one of those smart ones that always gets the answers right, and is always the first person done with tests... don't you hate people like that?

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!

Just a Birthday thought...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a true blessing and she liked your post. She thought it was funny.

Janice said...

I now regret my decision to use a different name for both of my girls middle names. Dan had liked Grace or Rose, and I wanted other names... Now my advice to others... submit- it will be blessed!