Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Psalm 127

Psalms 127:1-5
(1) Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
(2) It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
(3) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
(4) As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
(5) Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

For those of you that haven't heard, Sarah's pregnant again! Child 6 is on his way... or her way. God truly has given us an heritage - blessings that came to us but not from our own labors - and we have been blessed. Maybe if we had ugly kids we would have stopped already, but they're just so cute!

So, for now, there will be this annoying little timeline to show how much longer until the baby comes. (Please, nobody tell Sarah that there are still 213 days left. That just sounds so long!)

I joke about it some, but what a responsibility it is to be given a human life, a human soul, to care for. Except the Lord build this house, we labor in vain.

Just a fact!

6 comments:

Janice said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I agree- your children are some of the most adorable... next to mine of course!

Anonymous said...

Looking at the depiction of the tiny baby on your chart, reminds me of the preciousness of life. It also reminds me that most of the bad habits that my own children have, are a result of their learning them from me and my wife,(OK mostly me)since they were only an inch tall. Those tiny fingers and toes are going to need training if they as arrows are going to fly straight. Thank God for a good instruction manual!

Seth Koenig said...

Congratulations Andy and Sarah. You'll be in my prayers.

Alex said...

Filling up the quiver sir. That's a pretty cool timeline! I may put one on my blog too.

Hindsey said...

"Filling up," Alex? I suppose some would ask - when is it full!?

Victoria said...

Oh wow - I've heard some interesting answers to that question!

Anyway - I've had 7 and, as you know, each pregnancy kills brain cells. Therefore, I can't do the math - when is the due date?!