Tuesday, February 5, 2008

PC Clearly More Spiritual

I was reading an article this morning in PC Magazine, and I came to the conclusion that PC's are better because they are more spiritually oriented. As you will see below, this magazine actually references a Bible verse. I mean, from experience, I've recognized that PC users are more spiritual than Mac users, but now I realize that is because their reading material is just more inclined in that way.

I love having my own blog... Hey, this is on the Internet - it must be true.

Anyway, PC Magazine had an article about the RFID (Radio Frequency Identification). I have always heard rumors about this device and how it could be used to help control the buying and selling in the world, etc., prophecy stuff. I never realized how developed it already is. This article pointed that out to me.

I tried to scan in the article, but it was too narrow to fit nicely. Anyway, it has a timeline of the RFID Implant, referring to actually putting a RFID device inside a human or animal. It begins in 1995 when livestock had it implanted, 1998 when some "club kids" in Europe implanted themselves with them to pay for drinks. In 2004, Mexico had them implanted in several of his staff for security purposes. In 2006, it was a part of an episode of a popular TV show. And last year, Arnold actually signed into law in California a bill saying that employers can't force human RFID tagging. I guess that kind of thing was already happening. The article is mixed with some sarcasm in it as well, but I am going to copy verbatim the last four entries in the list:
2007: California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signs a bill against forced human
RFID tagging. the Governator knows only too well where this is headed.

2008: Various reports begin to surface abotu cancerous tumors caused by
implanted chips in animals. The FDA stands by its technology, saying in a
statement, "RFID chips are as safe as Vioxx, Topps meat, and Chinese pet food."

2014: Gov. Schwarzenegger was right. Skynet hacks the RFID networks [I
think this may be a reference to the movie Terminator?]

2014:
Revelations 13:16, 17
Did you see that? The PC Magazine used a Bible reference referring to the beast and his controlling of the buying and selling in the world. They actually used the verse in context, apparently.

Even so, Come Lord Jesus!!

Just a thought...

20 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

OK - as cute as your post is...your title is flawed. PC Magazine is a Personal Computer magazine...not a Windows magazine. They cover both Mac and Microsoft. Sorry...I just could not stand by and allow this type of sloppy journalism take place.

Hindsey said...

That's true, I keep forgetting that Mac has 4% of the desktop software marketshare. And assuming they have another great year, they may actually make it up all the way to 5%!! Time to give them respect -

Michael & Erika Barone said...

yep...or you could give respect for having the best computers, best operating system, mp3 players, and smartphone. Actually PC mag agrees with that...and knowing how spiritual that mag is..I guess that settles it.

Hindsey said...

yeah... I went back through that magazine hard copy, and I came across an article that mentioned Mac - it was a guy saying that he recommended Mac OS to his mom and grandma. His mom took him up on it, and grandma said no.

Oh, and then there was a 24-karat gold laptop, in their funny section with the phrase, "Pimps blog, too" (it was an $8,000 thing).

Yup... respect... Michael, if you ever need to get a computer, let me know.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

cool - glad you had the time to read the mag. again - can I ask...why are reading and rereading computer magazines? Read the Scriptures.

Hindsey said...

Well, Michael, the Bible tells me to do whatever my hand finds to do with all my might. I read computer magazines to increase my knowledge and improve my efficiency.

You see, not everyone has the opportunity to travel around the country on vacation all the time.

I wonder if anyone else is reading my blog today!?

Anonymous said...

i did but i'd just like to agree to disagree with mr. barone on this issue of macs and pc's. what's right for you mike just isn't right for me...

Michael & Erika Barone said...

matt - I did not know you were so relative in your thinking. I always took you for discerning...hmmm

Anonymous said...

you mean being relative in thinking and discerning are mutually exclusive??? cmon now;)

Toma said...

Whatever!

Anonymous said...

6 days!!!!!!!!

Hindsey said...

That is a good point, Nelson

Seth Koenig said...

Did someone step on an idol again?

Anonymous said...

Mac is good with cheese.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

No idol Seth. Like you, I am just trying to be discerning...

Andy arguments are dung. He backs up his thoughts with heathen magazines rather than Bible. I have judged according to God's word and have therefore judged righteous judgment.

I will always hate the false way...and that is a Godly quality.

Hindsey said...

[This Conversation]

{---ten foot pole---}




[ME]

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 7:2
Which apple do you have? :)

Seth Koenig said...

That made me laugh out loud...literally. Thanks Mike. Just made the work day a little better. Glad to know you read my banter.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

: )

Seth - Glad you enjoyed! I was laughing as I wrote it! Have a great day!

Janice said...

Andy, now you know why I read your posts a few days after you post them. I, unlike you all, have much too much to do all day than wait for a comment on my comment so I can comment back to them! While it is all so very enjoyable, I must wait until all of the comments and recomments are commented on, and then I can read them all in one sitting, and comment or not. In this case I choose to comment. I enjoyed the post, as well as all of the comments and the comments on the comments!