Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Unanswerable Signs - Homosexulity part 6

At the parade this year (and if you are just joining this series, you may want to look back at the past five posts to catch up) there were some signs that the "church people" marching in the parade were holding. Most of them, I'm sure, were directed towards those of us that were protesting the sin of the parade. These signs... I'm telling you... they were unanswerable! They cut to the heart, and I almost felt that I had to turn around and go home! I'll share them with you in the order I saw them:
"Jesus Is Love" "Jesus Loves Me" "Jesus Loves You" "Stand on the side of Love" - There we go. Right away they got me. I mean, Jesus is love. Since He is so loving, He would never tell someone to stop sinning. I mean, "Go and sin no more" wouldn't be in His vocabulary. He loves people so much that even though their sin will send them to Hell (because of His righteousness), He doesn't want to spoil their good time.
"Open and Welcoming" "If we run from one another, we run from Christ"- This church wanted everyone to know that they were welcome to come to their church. They would NEVER teach a message that if one that is called a brother is living in sin you should not fellowship with them (1 Cor 5:11, Rom 16:17, 2 Thes 3:6). I've said this before in comments, but anyone is welcome to come to my church. But if they can sit there and agree with the message - living in sin - then there's a problem with the message being given.
"Our faith is over 2000 years old. Our Thinking is not!" - Oh, I get it. What God called abomination more than 2000 years ago, is clearly not an abomination anymore. What Paul referred to as error, unnatural, vile, etc in Romans 1 was old thinking. If God were around today, He clearly wouldn't say that homosexuality is a sin anymore. Or, maybe I misunderstand. Maybe it is that if we think the Bible is true, that is the old thinking. Now we can know that what God said 2000 years ago is not true any more.
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." - I knew it! God was just speaking to me the other day. He told me that it was alright for me to murder, as long as the victims were stupid. God clearly has added more to His word, so that the things that He hated, He no longer hates. He now likes sins - well, at least certain sins.
"We have Love, Truth and Pride in our pulpit!" "Pride In Our Pulpit" - (...cough... holding in laughter... ) Yeah! Love! We've got it in our pulpit. We love everyone! Truth! Yeah... I mean, truth for today, the way I want to see it! We've got truth - relatively! Pride! Yeah... uh... pride is good! We're proud! God doesn't hate a proud look any more. Pride doesn't come before destruction any more. God would never resist the proud!
"We're putting JESUS back in CHRIST.ianity" - After reading this sign, I kind of think that if God were around today, He would probably be walking in the parade with these people, glorifying this sin. Obviously this sign is enlightening everyone that Jesus had left so-called Christianity (I'm sure they're referring to fundamentalists and others that reject accepting homosexuality). So, here's to fixing all of those that are simply believing God's word. No, no, get away from that. Let's get back to Christ - ignore His word - get back to Him.
"Would Jesus Discriminate" - Seriously, would Jesus hold something against someone just because of what they're doing? I mean, other than that appointed day in which He will judge the world in righteousness (Acts 17:31).
"God loves you for you" - Yeah, God loves me for me. I mean He sent His Son to die for me because I was a good and righteous person. He loved me because my heart was clean. God loves me for me.
"God loves gay's there is no other way!" - Yeah, God doesn't even love heterosexual people!
"Presbyterian by choice, Gay by the grace of God" - This one really is my favorite. Presbyterians are Calvinist in their theology. Therefore any choice that man would make would be a sinful choice because of their totally depraved nature. Any good choice they make would be by the grace of God. Since this sign says Presbyterian by choice, contrasted with being gay by the grace of God, it must be that being Presbyterian was the sinful natural man choice, but being gay was the righteous choice given by the grace of God. I mean, the alternative is that they don't really know the theology of the denomination to which they claim to belong... but that couldn't be. I'm sure they're studied up on theology.
Anyway, just a couple of utterly absurd thoughts...

1 comment:

Mr. Young said...

You don't know how bad I want to sit down with those folks and have a conversation. I mean it is spiritual blindness to the max.

You addressed the main problem with this whole issue, and that's disagreement with God. It comes down to rejecting Biblical authority, and it is Satanic through and through.

In the garden Satan played on Eve's ignorance and asked "yea hath God said?" and the answer was very clear...Yes He did, she just didn’t have the answer. Now it has gone beyond questioning what God said to changing the meaning of what God said, to we have no idea what God said because man wrote the Bible. The further this world drifts from God the easier men are to deceive.