Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Abiding... Without Ceasing... Continually...

Those are some Bible phrases referring to what our communion ought to be with God. Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Our lives ought to continually be in a state of prayer / communication and of communion with God. Acknowleding Him in all of our paths, abiding in Christ, praying without ceasing, alway and for ever.

We ought not get distracted away from God by the cares of this life. I need to work on my computer stuff with a conscience towards God. I need to be doing what I do in order to bring God glory. When I am constantly performing my daily practices with that mentality, then I have succeeded in doing all to the glory of God. When I am talking with God, and passing every single aspect of my life through Him first, then I am praying without ceasing. I would find myself abiding in Christ.

Our prayer requests brought before God in the morning ought to be on our minds throughout the day... as we are expecting Him to answer them, right? We ought to be looking to see how God is dealing with the things that we brought before Him. If we aren't interested in the outcome of the issue that we brought to God, then why did we really pray about it? Maybe that's a thought for a different day...

Unfortunately, I have not yet mastered this. I am working on it though. So, the question is - have you done everything you've done this morning, with a conscience towards God? Have you had God on your mind through every step of your day so far?

However, an even more important question: Will you have God on your mind through every step of the rest of your afternoon?

Just a thought...

2 comments:

Kevin P said...

(Psa 10:4) The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

There almost seems to be an implication here - a group of people called "wicked" have minds that are not consumed with God. Can it be?

Hindsey said...

I know how far away I am from having God in all my thoughts. So I really hope that verse is saying that none of the wicked's thoughts are in God. Rather than not all of them are of Him...

At the same time... O, that God would constantly consume all of my thoughts.