Monday, October 8, 2007

Count Your Blessings

This morning I had the privilege of hearing Dick Ferris teach a Bible lesson at the nursing home where my grandma is. He taught on being thankful for every thing, because it all comes from God - every good and perfect gift is from above.

Be thankful... Count your blessings...

I guess that was a necessary lesson for me and my grandma today. I was at the nursing home because I had to tell her that her son is dying of cancer. My mom's brother has been diagnosed with some advanced cancer, and they aren't expecting him to live much longer. We tried to call him, but he was unresponsive...

Anyway, count your blessings, and I don't really feel like writing any more today.

5 comments:

Mr. Young said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Never good to hear that news, and worse yet to have to deliver that news. We'll be praying.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Andy -

That is terrible news. I will pray for you and your family.

Kevin P said...

Andy - praying for you and the family.

Aaron Putney said...

Andy, I echo the sentiments of the others - Our prayers are with your family.

Hindsey said...

Thanks, all of you for your prayers.

Uncle Larry died yesterday afternoon, and so I went back and spent a while with my grandma again. She's doing as well as can be, I guess.

My mom's in Florida, where he was, working out arrangements with her two other brothers.

Keep them all in your prayers, that God would work all this out for good.