Thursday, October 11, 2007

Begins With the Mind

I ended yesterday asking you all how you were going to do with the rest of the afternoon... Well? How'd you do?

I was thinking on Kevin Pestke's (Destination Zambia) comment on my blog yesterday, about Psalm 10:4 where it says about the wicked, "God is not in all his thoughts."

I was thinking that that is where it begins. To bring glory to God in everything, we have to begin with the mind. (Maybe I'm referring to even deeper, and referring to the soul or the heart or something like that.) The point is that if I am to bring God glory in every part of my day and of my life, then I have to first be thinking about that. I have to first be having God in my thoughts all the time or else, even if I am doing a good action, it will not be for the glory of God. Even typing this blog post is done for His sake and glorification.

Thanks, Kevin, for pointing out that verse. Let's all be sure to Observe to Do...

Just a 'thought.'

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm contemplating not reading this blog anymore. It's too convicting! :0) Thanks for the encouragement/admonishment!

Hindsey said...

yeah... this one is Kevin's fault though, so you can blame it on him.

Honestly though, how much better our lives would be if it were always focused the way we ought to be. I'm looking forward to when He shall appear and we shall be like Him!!

Kevin P said...

The part that bothers me most - it is so easy to say I want more of God and that I want to fully be devoted unto Him - but my actions hardly follow suit.