Friday, October 12, 2007

Helpful Friends

It's good to have friends. Last night a few of my friends and their families came over and helped us our with our cars. We got new brakes for our minivan, and found the little hole in the muffler that needs to get patched up. I wish I knew more about cars. We also found that "my" car that died on me last week, does really have some major problems. I was worried that I did or didn't do something silly that they were just going to say something like, Hey, idiot, you have turn the key for it to start... but happily it did turn out to be something serious... happily?

Anyway, I'm truly blessed to have great friends. Now, if only they would leave maybe just a little bit earlier next time, it would have made today easier. But that's another issue.

And you know what? It turns out that all of my friends that came over last night with their families are part of our Home Bible Study that meets at our house on Friday nights. I've experienced something over the past 6 years or so - the best friends that I have in my life are those friends which whom I participate in Christian fellowship - not bellyship, fellowship. Whether it be in a Bible Study or Institute Class, or if it be involved with a ministry together, they are the ones that always seem to be my closest friends. Christianity is really a good way to live.

Now, if only that second car was working... ah, whatever.

Just a thought...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am tired... But it sure was fun getting to this state of tiredness (probably not a word, but it seems to fit).

Just a thought, if you want people to leave earlier, it would have been best to let that one friend of yours that wanted to pack the game up, after the first game was done, do it. Certainly if not then, then after the second game, rather than start a third go-around.

By the way...

I felt bad about downing those double stuff oreos at 2:30, until I swung by the church when I left your place to say hi to Joe V. and caught him downing a pint of Dove ice cream.

As far as your observation on best friends; I have found the same thing. My best friends are all people that are involved in the same ministries and Christian fellowship that I am involved in, and I feel safe saying that any of them would be there in a moments notice if I needed a hand with anything.

Hindsey said...

Boy, after reading your last sentence, I was sure you were going to say you needed help with something!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say it is a blessing to have good friends. And thank you to all of you for your willingness to help. And to Cheryl and Jill that helped with cleaning up and forcing me to put laundry away :) I feel like I can breathe now. Also, thanks for the pizza from the Picketts and to all of you thank you for your company and friendships. You are all a true blessing.

Michael & Erika Barone said...

I am thankful for good friends too! Both of my friends are a real blessing.

Hindsey said...

You'll have a hard time convincing anyone that you have 2 friends, Michael... Unless you count your 3 immediate family members, then maybe you could get up to 2...

Just remember. When somebody searches 'edify the saints' they can get to my blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for opening your house to us and all our 15 energetic, consume every piece of food in the house children! It truly was a blessing to sit around and fellowship in between loads of laundry and cleaning. I'm very thankful to God to have such good friends. Who's house next Thursday then?! :o)