Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Missing Out...

So, I have this friend from church that was unable to be at First Bible's grand opening service at the new church building. It was a special day where we had our founding pastor, Pastor Mullen, visiting. We gave Pastor Grace a plaque, dedicating this new auditorium as the George P. Grace Auditorium. We had a lot of other old timers come and visit, and it was really a good time. My friend missed it...

We also have this men's conference coming up at church on October 19th and 20th. (Signup is at the north welcome booth by the way.) Brother Billy Wood from Grace Baptist Church in Powder Springs, Georgia will be preaching at the Men's Conference that weekend . My friend won't be able to make it to the Men's Conference either. Even though God used Brother Billy to be instrumental in my friend's life in a major way...

My friend is a missionary. He was at a church in New Jersey this past weekend and will be in Prospect, New York later on in October during the conference. He is going to be missing out on a lot that goes on around here. And I happen to know that he loves being around First Bible.

For those of you that don't know, I'm referring to Michael Barone specifically. And, you know what, I have another friend that was out of town during our big dedication as well, Kevin Pestke. Now, these may just be small things, but these men and other missionaries all around the world, have given up much to be obedient to what God has for them. I admire their faith that they would be willing to look forward to a city not made with hands.

Lord, increase our faith.

Just a thought...

3 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Thank you for the kind words Andy. It is difficult missing out on what God is doing at FBBC. I feel disconnected already. But can I say that any sacrifice that I make for my Friend and Saviour is nothing but my reasonable service.

Victoria said...

I, too, have a few missionary friends and I always miss them during "big" events at church that I know they would love to be a part of. Those times, I remember to pray for them even more.

Janice said...

"Love with shoes on"... Ever hear this sermon? They both practice what that preaches. I saw it first hand.