Thursday, January 17, 2008

How Have You Proved Him?

As we were singing in church last night... "Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him. How I've proved Him o'er and o'er." I was thinking about ways in which I have proved Jesus in my life.

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you ask yourself, How have I proved Jesus? How have I tried Him?

I have asked Him to answer prayers in my life, and He has. I have asked Him to make known certain paths, and He has done these things and not let me down. He has been faithful to His word every step of the way. It is great that His mercies are new every morning, that great is His faithfulness!

But, if I were to be honest with myself, and ask myself, what's the first thing that comes to my mind when I ask that question, How have I proved Jesus? It has to do with my sinfulness. Every time I sin, I am trying Jesus' longsuffering and forbearance towards me. I am proving that He indeed has washed all of my sins in His blood.

I am reading in Revelation right now, and a couple times I have seen that phrase about the Lamb having washed our sins in His blood. I trust Him with my salvation, but I have proved Him o'er and o'er and o'er and o'er... 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.

Just a thought...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are times in some Christian's lives in which life gets incredibly tough. God feels far off. Prayers seem empty and unresponded too. I think these are the times in which one needs to get to the basics..God is here. He does hear our prayers. He does love us. It's so important to remember the times one has proved Him. Faith and trust are a decision. Even in incredibly tough times.